Food trucks are awesome.
They really are, and in hopes of showing that statement off, we are about to list off (in bullet point fashion) all the reasons why food trucks are awesome — well, maybe not all of the reasons, but a good amount of them.
If you’re a food truck owner, then you will probably agree with most of these points, and if you’re an aspiring owner, then, well … you will likely agree with most of these points when your food truck business is finally open.
Without further ado…
Awesome Things About Food Trucks
- First things first, food trucks are flooding with delicious food, and the variety is out-of-this-world amazing. Just venture to a place that is flooding with food trucks on Food Truck Friday and you will see exactly what we are talking about.
- The people. You meet some of the most cool people in the food truck industry, and since people tend to be happy when they are grabbing an amazing bite to eat, you meet some of the coolest and most happy people. People love venturing to food trucks — it’s really that simple.
- The owners. We love hearing the stories of owners and how they became food truckers. We also love how much passion they have for this industry and their businesses. In many cases, these owners are following their dreams, and what’s not to love about that?
- Food on wheels. How cool is that? The food literally comes to you, or at least close to you.
Looking to finance your food truck? Make sure to check out this link!
- They are typically cheaper than sit-down restaurants, which is a huge plus if you want to be a chef and run your own kitchen. Heck, in many cases, food trucks are way cheaper than sit-down restaurants.
- They have low overhead costs. After all, only so many people/employees can fit in your truck, and instead of running an entire restaurant (and having to come up with equipment and inventory for an entire restaurant), you just have to worry about your food truck, which does not occupy that much space.
- Once again, food trucks are mobile, which means the owners get to travel from place to place, and this is especially cool if you like serving new customers and/or venturing to new places. Therefore, with a food truck business, you, in a sense, get to be a traveler. This keeps the job fun, to say the least.
- They look awesome. Just look at the food truck below and try to say otherwise.
- The communities food trucks create. Successful owners create amazing communities at their food trucks, and every community is different.
- They are customizable (especially at a place like Prestige Food Trucks). This means you can design your food truck however you would like — well, at least when it comes to the exterior design and the way your kitchen is formed/placed/arranged.
- The convenience. Because what’s not convenient about leaving your workplace and walking a couple of steps to get amazing food truck food. This is especially the case for food trucks that travel to business districts around lunchtime.
- The quality of the food. There are plenty of food trucks providing gourmet food, which is yet another reason why food trucks are amazing. Plus, this gourmet food is typically affordable. You don’t have to sit down and wait for your food forever. You can just get in and out — and then eat your food, of course.
- Food trucks are allowing people to follow their dreams. That is one of the main reasons why food trucks are so amazing. Everyone deserves the right to follow their dreams.
Need help getting into the food truck industry? Make sure to check out the information in the articles below.
Preview from the article:
This is a tip that a lot of food truck owners don’t listen to before making the giant leap. They don’t do their homework, and they think they are great cooks (and they probably are), but the problem lies in the fact that being a great chef in this industry is not enough.
Why? Well, because there is so much to being a food truck owner, which is why you need to do your research on everything before buying your mobile kitchen. Read articles and books, listen to podcasts, ask around, go to conferences, talk to current food truck owners — anything!
Do. Your. Homework.
If you don’t, and if you do become a food truck owner, then you will likely struggle until you learn the ins and outs of this industry.”
Preview from the article:
5. Study What Other Owners And Chefs Are Doing
One of the best ways to learn how to become a food truck owner is by studying what actual owners are doing. This will help you learn from their mistakes, and it will also help you learn from their successes.
You can study your future competition, if you will, from afar, or you can — and should — study them up close by asking owners questions (and things of that nature). If you are in the process of saving up for a food truck, and said process is going to take a little while, then you could always try to land a job at a food truck in the meantime. By doing so, you will get firsthand experience, learn the ropes and see how other food truck owners handle their business.
This type of thing happens in basically every other industry, and if you want to increase your chances of succeeding once you are an owner, then you should make it happen in the mobile kitchen industry as well.”
Interested in getting into the food truck industry? Follow this link to request a custom quote.
To stay up to date on everything Prestige Food Trucks has to offer, make sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and Instagram. For more food truck advice and inspiration, check out the rest of our blog here.