A mobile kitchen or custom food truck is mainly a kitchen on wheels. This permits small business owners and agencies to sell their cooked food wherever. Mobile food trucks can serve as disaster relief food facilities and can provide victims and response squads with food and drinks. Read on for more benefits of having a food truck.
Mobile kitchens come in a wide selection of types and sizes. They hold a stock of prepared food as well as cooking equipment. Companies like Apollo Burgers use mobile kitchens (custom food trucks) to service people at any location.
Being able to move around to any place is really helpful in drumming up business. It means you can go to where the people are.
Traditionally, custom food trucks come furnished with refrigerators, grills, burners and storage space. Additional features are available if the business owner aims to service many people. Some extra services include air conditioning, generators, heating, dishwasher, sinks, and commercial ovens. Exterior components include service windows, TV display compartments, and extendable awnings.
Mobile kitchens aid restaurant business owners in spreading out their service by getting more customers at various locations. They assist in sustaining food safety measures by supplying restaurant vendors with a clean exterior to prepare food.
“There have been many benefits of owning a food truck combined with a brick and mortar,” said owner of Apollo Burger. “I will list some of the benefits below.”
- Marketing exposure and the ability to reduce traditional marketing dollar spend is enormous. No need to spend $1,500 a month on a billboard when you have a truck parked at your location and moving around town.
- The ability to see if your concept is welcomed in other cities that you are not in already with a brick and mortar. (Location selection easier)
- Helps with new openings of brick and mortars to build the awareness as the build is going on.
- The restaurant is called upon from local schools and organizations to attend their events and serve now with a food truck vs. the business calling weekly to build relationships with donations and banners hung up at their events.
- Food cost is the lowest ever as there is no waste with any oversupply going back to the restaurant.
- Labor is the lowest as the restaurant feeds the truck people. Clean up is an extension of the restaurant people costing no more than a regular scheduled shift.
- It takes 15 minutes to load and unload the truck since it is the same menu. Prep is absorbed in the daily prep that was being made.
- It can boost restaurant business as high up as 20% overnight with the delivery of the custom food trucks.”
Customizing a business to adapt into a small area is the task of a prefabricated kitchen. This is an economical solution for businesses that need a temporary kitchen. The possibility of having a fully equipped kitchen is available when using this option as the size of a modular kitchen can compare to those of a brick and motor restaurant.
Being able to move where you want, change plans when needed and add whatever you need to your food truck adds up to a–these are all things that will help your business. Whether you are a current restaurant owner or just joining the food truck industry, all these factors are sure to help you.
Interested in getting into the food truck industry? Follow this link to request a custom quote.
Stay up to date on everything Prestige Food Trucks has to offer. Make sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and Instagram. For more food truck advice and inspiration, check out the rest of our blog here.